One of the things I missed the most when I first started Keto was definitely pizza. It didn’t take long before I started experimenting with different methods and ingredients to try and replicate a guilt free, but delicious Keto friendly pizza. This recipe is not only delicious, but super easy to make.
First, preheat the oven to 400ºF; while thats warming up put all the ingredients into a big bowl and mix it together as evenly as possible to create the “dough”.
You can either grease a pizza pan or use parchment paper.
[Fun Fact! Wax paper and parchment paper are not the same thing. Another really fun lesson I learned so you don’t have to, your welcome!]
I use coconut oil to grease my pan and I find it works perfectly. Spread the the “dough” mix onto the pan and shape it into pizza form.
Once the pizza is shaped to your liking, pop it in the oven and bake it for 30 minutes. When the 30 minutes are up, turn the oven to broil on high to crisp it up a little bit. I’m a fan of a crispy crust. Comes out looking like this!
Now it’s ready to be topped however you like it! We kept it pretty classic this time around, pepperoni and bacon with half green olives. I’ve made this pizza so many times, topped with so many different things and it always turns out delicious. Once it’s topped to your liking, throw it back in the oven (at 400ºF) for about 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
So there you go, Chicken Crusted Pizza, because…. Chicken Crusted Pizza is Life.
Here’s the Method.
Chicken Crusted Pizza
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the ground chicken, cheeses and seasonings.
- Mix together until evenly blended.
- Spread “dough” onto a greased pizza pan (or use parchment paper) and form a pizza shape.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes, then broil for 2 minutes, or until desired crispiness.
- Top with sauce and toppings of your choice.
- Put pizza back in the oven for 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.